BoreSaver Liquid /Enhancer is ideal for dealing with severe iron bacteria control contamination. It is regularly used in situations where the bacteria are particularly active and the contamination is comprehensive or in a sensitive installation where quality of supply and flow is critical.
Liquid Enhancer can also be added to the entire BoreSaver range for a more powerful treatment process and used as a stand-alone maintenance treatment in specialist situations. Commonly used in seasonal horticulture irrigation systems Approved by the Secretary of State in the UK, Liquid Enhancer is an aqueous proprietary blend with bacteriostatic properties. Supplied as a liquid concentrate, Liquid Enhancer can be added directly to the water supply without dismantling the pump and associated equipment.
Important: Iron Bacteria can never be completely eliminated, it lives in the formation and aquifer
Whilst all iron oxide deposits can be removed, it is not possible to completely eliminate iron bacteria contamination. However, regular use of Liquid Enhancer can completely minimise the problem and ensure the water supply and pumping equipment is working at maximum efficiency. The frequency of follow up cleaning will be determined by the natural conditions in the system although a twice yearly maintenance programme is recommended.
How to Recognise the Problem Any of the following symptoms will indicate a problem with iron bacteria:
- Rusty slime inside pipes
- Cloudy, rusty water at pump start-up
- Reduced water flow from the bore
- Slimy masses blocking main lines and laterals
- Unpleasant odour in water pumped from the well
- Severe staining on pavements, walls foliage.
Did you know?
- Iron bacteria and iron oxide contamination is estimated to affect over 40% of the world’s water bores.
- Mineral contamination restricts water production and clogs up pumps and pipes.
- Accumulated deposits can increase maintenance problems and create unpleasant working conditions for operators.